Here are some digital marketing facts that will blow your mind
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page
- Google is responsible for 94% of total organic traffic.
- Leads from search engines have a 14.6% conversion rate.
- 80% of people ignore paid search results, clicking only on organic listings.
- 50% of search queries are four keywords or longer.
- The top 5 search results for a keyword on google get 70% of the clicks.
- The average Google first page result contains 1890 words. Detailed content is better.
- 21% of searchers click more than one result.
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- 50% of mobile users doing a local search visited a store within one day.
- 28% of searches for something nearby results in a purchase.
- Nearly 33% of mobile searches are location-based queries.
- 46% of Americans will check their smartphone before going to bed.
- 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine.
- The average mobile search engine conversion rate in Google Ads is 3.48%.
- Blog posts longer than 1500 words receive 22.6% more Facebook likes.
- Images account for 75-90% of Facebook advertising effectiveness.
- The best time to post on Facebook is weekdays between 1 pm-3 pm.
- Blog posts longer than 1500 words receive 68.1% more tweets.
- Twitter has really 4 times as many users internationally as in the US.
- Tweets with videos get 6 times as many retweets as tweets with photos.
- Instagram’s user count is growing close to 5% per quarter.
- Photos with faces get 38% more likes.
- 80% of B2B leads come from Linkedin vs. 13% on Twitter & 7% on Facebook.
- Linkedin is the #1 channel B2B marketers use to distribute content at 94%.
- 90% of B2B marketers reduced cost per lead with Linkedin lead gen forms.
- Linkedin generates 3x more conversions than Twitter & Facebook.
- From 2014-2016, content consumption on Linkedin has increased by 21%.
- Linkedin has a perfect 100 Domain Rating, basically meaning Google loves them.
- Every article you publish on Linkedin is indexed and will show up in Google searches with that high Domain Authority, helping you rank higher than other native content on Google.
- Pinners spend 50% more on average compared to other social channels.
- Pinners also spend 20% more than users referred from non-social channels, including search engines.
- 80% of millennial users say the platform helps them decide what to buy.
- 45% of women and17% of men on the Internet have Pinterest accounts.
- 4 in 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful.
- Product videos can increase purchases by 144%.
- Almost 50% of Internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
- 41% of marketers plan to add Facebook video to their content strategy in the next year.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
- Square videos are more effective than horizontal videos on Facebook.
- 64% of consumers say watching a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a purchase decision of theirs in the last month.
- 2/3 of users watch YouTube on a second screen while watching TV at home.
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the Internet.
- The time people spend watching YouTube on their TV has more than doubled year over year.
- 65% of senior executives navigate to a site after viewing a related YouTube video.
- 32% of consumers engage with branded videos on Youtube.